Making progress comprises (re-)designing education as well as keeping track of results.
But how can you know that you are making progress?
Step 1. Reformulate the (university’s) objectives into questions concerning
a) the current situation (today); and
b) the desired situation in the future
Step 2. Make the answers to the questions measurable
Step 3. Use the answers as input for further (re-)design
Examples of questions (step 1) and measurable answers (step 2) are provided for each educational theme:
- Integration of research and teaching
- Activating teaching and learning
- Flexible learning pathways
- Employability enhancement
- Engagement with society
- Application of technology
- Internationalisation and diversity